Friday, June 8, 2012

'ready for a brighter future'

Finally, our yearbook is finished! It's a relief that we don't have to wait so long like the past years. 



 I don't know who designed the cover, but it's not bad.


 My class, 9D's pages, 'Yesterday Once More'. As I've told you, I designed these pages (though I'm still a rookie), and it was also me who first came out with the 'Back to the Childhood' idea. I designed it for A4 printing, but somehow it turns out that they made the book in smaller size, so they stretched the pics and put additional backgrounds, which I don't really like. The pics look darker than they did on the screen when I was designing them.

The back cover. By the way, they should write "Angkatan XII" instead of "Angkatan XI". Geez.

What I don't really like about this yearbook is that they didn't put the photos of the school events and our junior years in it. They didn't even put the teachers' bio. 
But the paper quality is quite a surprise for me. I was told before that they would use art paper instead of art carton, but it turns out that they used art carton! Thank the people who worked for the book!

8 comments

Esther Angela said...

print usually come out darker than screen :( but that's nice design anyway :D
congrats for your graduation.

Vilda said...

thank you very much! :D good luck with college, haha

Claudia Novreica said...

I like your design :D
And also your class title... Reminds me of my own blog hahaha. XD

Vilda said...

yeah, i was somehow inspired by your blog title :D anw, thanks a lot!

Ety Salbiah Abdurrasik said...

Hii Vilda..
I'm wondering about your great idea..it's going very awesome dear..god jobs..i love the theme.."Back to the childhood"..by the way..you're somewhat creatively..keep it up..=)

Vilda said...

@ety : wow, really? thanks! :D and thank you for dropping by ;)

Selvi Lorraine said...

gw baru sadar kalo angkatannya itu salah -3-

Vilda said...

LOL!

© v i v i d b l a c k
Maira Gall